As well as a host of detail interior enhancements and exterior design refreshments, the new Volvo S60, V70 and XC70 making their debut at The Sunday Times Motor Show Live, also offer significant safety, convenience, performance and dynamic improvements, including:
- T5 engine performance upgrade
- 2nd Generation Four-C Active Chassis – with Comfort and Sport
- BLIS (Blind Spot Information System)
- WRG – Water Repellent Glass
- Passenger airbag cut-off switch
- Service intervals extended to 18,000 miles for 5-cylinder petrol
Brief highlights of the detail updates to the exterior styling include:
- New bumpers, alloy wheels, 'soft nose' and front grille designs
- Increased model differentiation, eg. S60 and V70 SE models now have
full body coloured bumpers, side and door mouldings, plus chrome
- New-look front and rear lights with clear lenses
While interior quality enhancements include:
- New design for centre dashboard, audio units and integrated phone,
surrounded by more extensive improved aluminium or walnut wood trim
- New, superior centre tunnel console and multi-function arm rest
- New generation Volvo front seats, with new Sovereign Hide upholstery
- Improved trim for doors, A-pillars and dashboard materials for less
Published : 27/05/04 Author : Melanie Carter
Volvo S60 News
This is a 17-year+ news article, from our Volvo archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Volvo dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2004.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Volvo S60 Images
Volvo S60 Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.