There’s no need to wait to see the improvements to the 2004 Volvo range as details of a variety of quality and dynamic advances, new models, and even some price reductions, are available now. Full prices and specification details of the new, refined S80 have also been announced.
2004 model year range highlights - Dynamic/Performance changes
Internal and External Quality changes
- 180bhp, 2.0T engine introduced to V70 and S80
- 210bhp, 2.5T engine replaces 200bhp, 2.4T in S60, V70
- New ZF steering in S60, V70, S80 and XC70; plus, Speed
Dependent Steering system is now available for £225
(not D5 or Bi-Fuel)
- Speed Dependent Steering has been added to the ‘Sports
Pack’ (also including 18in alloys, load compensating
and lowered sports suspension) for S60, V70 and S80 petrol-engine
- New key fob with integrated folding key and remote control
central locking, approach lights and panic function introduced
to S60, V70, S80, XC70 and XC90
- Leather upholstery standard across all S40 and V40 models
(worth £940 on S models), while SE models gain electric
- New charcoal-coloured finish for dashboard and controls,
plus chrome rings around dials (as XC90) for S60, V70, S80
- New, more aerodynamic door mirrors for S60, V70 and S80
create less turbulence and help keep side windows cleaner
- New, optional ‘Family pack’, with integrated
child seat in rear armrest, rear sun curtain and power child
locks, introduced for £220 for S60 and S80
- Satellite navigation is now more affordable – from
£900 (previously £1,200) for S40 and V40 models
or as part of a new £1,100 ‘Business Pack’
option with cruise control as well as electric driver’s
seat, while the ‘Communications Pack’ on S60,
V70 and S80, is now up to £1,000 less, with the latest
RTi navigation system with Europe DVD map and integrated
GSM telephone now available with or without TV for £2,300
and £2,700 respectively
- New dealer-fit, hands-free mobile phone kit available
across the range from July 2003 for £235, or with
audio mute function for £300
Published : 01/05/03 Author : Melanie Carter
This is a 18-year+ news article, from our Volvo archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Volvo dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2003.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Volvo Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.