The forthcoming entry-level diesel Phaeton model, the V6 TDI is due for launch in Germany in November this year, with UK launch expected around May 2005.
- Launch in Germany in November 2004
- On sale in UK from May 2005
Price guide and sales
- Completely new V6 TDI diesel engine
- 3.0-litre (2967 cc), four valves per cylinder, direct injection
TDI power plant
- Maximum power 225 PS at 4,000 rpm; maximum torque 332 lbs ft, developed
between 1,400 and 3,250 rpm
- Features advanced piezo electric injector technology
- Up to four fuel injections per cycle is possible with piezo technology,
for better emissions control and refinement
- DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) fitted as standard - first Volkswagen
in UK to feature this technology
- Offers refinement, fuel efficiency and strong performance
- 0 to 62 mph in 8.8 seconds, top speed 145 mph
- Combined fuel consumption of 29.4 mpg for a range of almost 600
- Like all other Phaetons, V6 TDI features 4MOTION four-wheel drive
and CDC (Continuous Damping Control) air suspension as standard
- Six-speed tiptronic automatic gearbox
- Latest addition to growing Phaeton line-up - joins 3.2-litre
V6, 4.2-litre V8 and 6.0-litre W12 petrol plus 5.0-litre V10 TDI
- Will become best-selling engine in Phaeton range
- Six-cylinder diesel engines are the most popular choice in the
luxury car market - Mercedes-Benz S320 CDI, Range Rover Td6 and
BMW 735d are top-selling versions of each model range
- Price anticipated to start from around £41,000 for standard
wheelbase, £44,000 for long wheelbase
- Exact prices and specification will be announced closer to launch
- UK sales forecast: approximately 325 Phaetons for 2005, of which
around 70 per cent will be new V6 TDI
Published : 18/09/04 Author : Melanie Carter
Volkswagen Phaeton News
This is a 16-year+ news article, from our Volkswagen archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Volkswagen dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2004.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Volkswagen Phaeton Images
Volkswagen Phaeton Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.