The Magical Seven
- All new car (launched just
two years after last model) to achieve best in sector
- Unmatched flexibility and ease of use with Toyota Easy Flat-7TM,
the world’s first full flat-folding system for all five rear
- On sale in the UK from 1 May 2004
- On the road prices from £14,495 (1.6 T2)
- Three trim levels – T2 ,T3 and T Spirit
- First MPV with nine standard airbags, including first-in-segment
driver’s knee airbag
- New Cornering Assist plus Rear Park Assist Monitor (TV cameras)
for increased safety at low speeds included in optional DVD full
map navigation system on T Spirit, priced £2,300
- DVD-based turn-by-turn satellite navigation system available as
an option, priced £1,350
- Three engine options, 1.6 (available in T2 grade only) and 1.8 VVT-i
petrol and 2.0 D-4D common rail diesel
- Best-in-class insurance ratings, from 5E for 1.6 T2
- New Multi-mode Manual Transmission provides automatic and sequential
operation in one system
- All models equipped with ABS and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution;
Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control and Brake Assist standard
on T3 and T Spirit grades
- Both navigation systems provide Electronic Traffic Avoidance (ETA),
allowing automatic re-routing if congestion or delays are detected
on a pre-programmed journey
- 2004 UK sales target of around 6,000 units; 2005 anticipated sales
between 8,000 and 10,000 units
The new-generation Toyota Corolla Verso will challenge established perceptions of the compact MPV. A fully-fledged, seven-seat family car, the all-new Corolla Verso also offers a level of driving dynamics and quality far above that which the segment has hitherto offered.
The car benefits from wide application of new technologies, advanced active and passive safety systems and a neat and attractive design. Central to its success will be the revolutionary Toyota Easy Flat-7TM, by which all five rear seats can be folded down to create a perfectly flat load floor. No seats have to be removed and head restraints can remain in place. A simple, single motion is all that’s required to fold each seat down onto the vehicle floor. No other C-segment MPV has such built-in ease of use and flexibility.
Published : 24/04/04 Author : Melanie Carter
Toyota Corolla Verso News
This is a 17-year+ news article, from our Toyota archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Toyota dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2004.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Toyota Corolla Verso Images
Toyota Corolla Verso Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.