- Styling, safety and equipment improvements for Corolla hatchbacks, saloon and estate
- Fresh exterior styling reflects Toyota’s new design identity
- T3 hatchback models given new sporting profile with side and rear skirts, carbon fibre-style fascia and leather steering wheel and gearshift trim
- Curtain airbags available across the range, all models now equipped with front passenger airbag cut-off switch
- Premium equipment features now available, including full-map satellite navigation as an option and rain-sensing windscreen wipers as standard on certain models
- Handling refinements for flagship T Sport model with new performance dampers, rear rebound springs and steering tuned for added responsiveness
- New Euro IV-compliant 89bhp 1.4-litre D-4D common rail diesel available from early autumn
- New engine will be first diesel to have the option of Toyota’s Multi-mode Manual Transmission (MMT)
- UK sales to begin in mid-June
The new 2004 Toyota Corolla is making its UK debut at the Sunday Times Motor Show Live. The range of three and five-door hatchbacks, saloon and estate models have all been given fresh styling details inside and out and improved specifications designed to broaden their market appeal.
The changes, which refine the existing strengths of the ninth generation Corolla model, express the principle of Superior Quality that underpins the development of all new Toyota cars. They are more than skin-deep, too. Corolla owners are being given access to impressive new safety and convenience options that reflect both advances in technology and the increasingly sophisticated requirements of C segment motorists. Noise, vibration and harshness performance has been further improved and, where the flagship T Sport model is concerned, engineering adjustments have been made to the suspension, steering and body design to achieve sharper and more rewarding ride and handling.
Published : 21/05/04 Author : Melanie Carter
Toyota Corolla News
This is a 17-year+ news article, from our Toyota archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Toyota dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2004.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Toyota Corolla Images
Toyota Corolla Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.