Comprehensive improvements in style, safety, quality and performance
The World’s Favourite Car
- 2004 Corolla range benefits from improved
styling, performance and equipment levels
- Revisions provide Corolla with broader market appeal, targeting younger
- Complete redesign for hatchback models with new bonnet, grille, bumpers
- New front section and lights for saloon and estate models
- New Euro IV-compliant 89bhp 1.4-litre D-4D common rail diesel engine
(due 1 September 2004), replacing 89bhp 2.0-litre D-4D unit
- 1.4-litre D-4D first diesel to be offered with the option of Toyota’s
Multi-mode Manual Transmission (MMT)
- T3 hatchbacks redefined with new sports styling inside and out
- High performance T Sport model given new styling and improved dynamics
- Improved equipment levels on all grades
- Curtain shield airbags, front airbag cut-off switch and two-stage
seatbelt warning system (light and buzzer) fitted as standard
- Air conditioning and Optitron dashboard display now standard on all
- Now on sale in the UK
- On-the-road prices from £11,695
The Corolla was Toyota’s first car designed for a world market and its success in that role has been phenomenal with global sales of more than 28 million since the original saloon was unveiled back in 1966.
The ninth generation, launched in the UK in 2002, is now well established as one of Toyota’s core European models, alongside Yaris and Avensis, and contributing strongly to Toyota’s sustained record-breaking market performance. In 2003 global sales of Corolla topped 1,165,000, while in the UK the Corolla achieved record annual sales of more than 26,400 units.
Published : 19/06/04 Author : Melanie Carter
Toyota Corolla News
This is a 17-year+ news article, from our Toyota archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Toyota dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2004.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Toyota Corolla Images
Toyota Corolla Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.