The all-new Toyota Avensis is a car designed and built in Europe, for Europe. On sale in the UK from 1 March 2003, it will set new standards in the highly competitive upper medium ‘D’ segment with its precision build, excellent ride, handling and performance qualities and superb specification.
- All-new car, designed, developed and built in Europe
- Three bodystyles (saloon, liftback, estate), all on sale
from 1 March 2003
- Toyota first manufacturer in Europe to offer SRS driver
knee airbag as standard
- Launched with 1.8-litre VVT-i and 2.0-litre direct injection
- 2.0-litre D-4D common rail diesel available from May 2003
- All engines comply with Euro IV emissions from launch
even though this legislation is not required until January
- European debut of Toyota Clean Advanced Diesel Technologies
(D-CAT) in last quarter of 2003
- High standard specification to include nine airbags, air
conditioning, eight-way electrically adjustable front seats
and eight-speaker sound system
- Optional automatic transmission now fitted with sequential
type shift facility which allows the driver to shift up
or down gears independently (available on 1.8 and 2.0-litre
- Rear double wishbone suspension for sharper handling and
superior ride comfort
- Turn-by-turn satellite navigation with Electronic Traffic
- Full colour map DVD satellite navigation with full European
coverage and voice activation available as an option
Published : 21/11/02 Author : Melanie Carter
This is a 19-year+ news article, from our Toyota archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Toyota dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2002.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Toyota Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.