- New styling and equipment for 2004 model year Toyota Avensis Verso
- On sale in UK from 2 February
- On-the-road prices from £18,513
- New grades T3 and T Spirit replacing previous GS and GLS
- Front side airbags and Curtain Shield airbags fitted as standard
- Choice of 2.0-litre VVT-i petrol and 2.0-litre D-4D common rail
- 2.0-litre VVT-i engine now complies with Euro IV emissions standards,
well ahead of 2005 enforcement
- Automatic air conditioning and Optitron instrument display fitted
- Auxiliary audio system controls added to steering wheel
- Turn-by-turn satellite navigation standard on T Spirit and option
on T3 grade, now with ETA (Electronic Traffic Avoidance)
- DVD-based navigation with full colour mapping and touch-screen operation
available as an option on T Spirit grade, incorporating Rear View
Monitor system with Park Assist
- Revised interior upholstery, new titanium-effect trim detailing
and chrome-finish door handles
- Seven body colour options, including five new shades
- New-design wheel trims for T3
- New-design 16-inch alloy wheels for T Spirit
- Option pack comprising twin sunroof with manual front section and
electric rear and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Traction
- Insurance groups unchanged – 8E for diesel models and 9E for
The Toyota Avensis Verso, the stylish and dynamic alternative to boxy compact MPVs, has been restyled and given an improved specification for the New Year. Available from 2 February, it offers both good looks and practicality for owners looking for a more versatile alternative to conventional family saloons and hatchbacks.
Launched in August 2001, the Avensis Verso seats up to seven in three rows of seats. The rear two rows are multi-adjustable for flexible arrangements of seating and load space. They can also be removed completely, expanding the load capacity to more than 2,400 litres, loading to the roof.
Published : 18/01/04 Author : Melanie Carter
Toyota Avensis News
This is a 17-year+ news article, from our Toyota archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Toyota dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2004.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Toyota Avensis Images
Toyota Avensis Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.