Peugeot enters Q4 with record sales volumes in 2002 and continues to lead diesel market
In the UK, for September:
- Peugeot took 8.1 % of the total new car market, with sales of over
35,000 units. Peugeot thus maintained its position as third biggest
seller for the month behind Ford and Vauxhall.
- Once again the Peugeot 206 led the retail segment, being responsible
for over 5% of all sales to private buyers. With 4.3% of total industry
sales, the 206 was the third best-selling car overall for September.
- Two Peugeot models made the diesel top ten: 307 (4th) and
206 (7th). This gave Peugeot almost 12% of the diesel market.
In the UK, for 2002 year-to-date:
- Peugeot sales for 2002 so far are 3.4% above the same position last
year, with over 170,000 new cars sold, maintaining Peugeot's position
as the number three in the UK new car sales league, with a market share
- The 206 continues to break its own records, with over 83,000 units
sold this year, making it the number one in the growing retail market,
and the number three best-seller overall for the year.
- In the diesel market, a share of 13.2% keeps Peugeot at the top of
the sales chart, in a year which has seen diesel growth continue. Three
models from Peugeot are in the top ten: 307 (2nd), 206 (7th)
and 406 (9th).
In the UK, for LCVs:
- In September, sales of the 206 Van and the Expert showed gains, with
7% and 37% increases on the same month in 2001 respectively.
- For the year-to-date, Peugeot has over 6% share of the LCV market,
which represents an increase of 7% compared to 2001, ahead of the market's
- In 2002, sales of the Peugeot Expert (up 30%) and Partner (up 10%)
are leading the Peugeot line-up.
- Peugeot is still responsible for over 30% of all registrations of
Motor Homes, making it the leading manufacturer in this growing market.
Published : 08/10/02 Author : Melanie Carter
This is a 19-year+ news article, from our Peugeot archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Peugeot dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2002.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Peugeot Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.