Sales continue to grow in lead up to important September plate change month
In the UK, for August:
- Peugeot recorded a sales increase of over 23% compared to August
2001, well ahead of the market growth, and maintained third position
in the market, with a share of 8.4%.
- The Peugeot 206 was again the leading car in the retail segment,
and took 3.8% of total industry sales, finishing fourth in the
overall sales chart.
- Peugeot maintained its number one position in the diesel market
for the month, taking 14.6% of all diesel sales, and there were
three Peugeot models in the diesel top ten: 307 (3rd),
206 (4th) and 406 (10th).
In the UK, for 2002 year-to-date:
- Peugeot maintains its number three position in the UK new car
sales league, taking 8.33% of the market.
- Sales growth for Peugeot in 2002 against 2001 now stands at 5.5%,
with total new car sales of over 135,000 units.
- The 206 is still at number one in the retail market, and it is
the number three best-seller overall for the year so far, with over
65,000 new 206s sold, up 4% on 2001.
- In the diesel market, a share of 13.6% keeps Peugeot at the top
of the diesel sales chart. Three models from Peugeot are in the
top ten: 307 (3rd), 206 (7th) and 406 (9th).
In the UK, for LCVs:
- Sales growth for the Peugeot LCV range continued in August with
a 10.1% increase in registrations compared to August 2001, ahead
of market growth of 6.7%. This gave Peugeot a 6.9% share of the
- Both the 206 Van and Partner performed particularly well in August,
with growth of 80% and 73% respectively.
- For the year-to-date, Peugeot has a 6.25% share of the LCV market,
with 11.3% more sales than in 2001.
- Sales of the Peugeot Expert (up 28%) and Partner (up 22%) are
leading the Peugeot line-up.
- Peugeot is still the leading figure in the Motor Home market,
being responsible for 25% of all registrations.
Published : 10/09/02 Author : Melanie Carter
This is a 19-year+ news article, from our Peugeot archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Peugeot dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2002.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Peugeot Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.