Peugeot sales totals in 2002 should surpass
performance in 2001 for cars and vans
In the UK, for November:
- Peugeot sold over 13,000 new cars, taking 7.7% of the
total new car market.
- The 206 was Peugeot’s leading model, and it was
the 5th biggest-selling model in the industry.
- Peugeot’s strong position in the flourishing diesel
market was enhanced by another good month, which saw Peugeot
take 11.9% of all diesel sales in November. The 307 (2nd),
the 206 (8th) and the 406 (9th) represented Peugeot in the
diesel top ten.
In the UK, for 2002 year-to-date:
- Peugeot’s sales growth compared to 2001 continues
to place the manufacturer third in the UK new car sales
league, with a share of 8.24%, behind Ford and Vauxhall.
Combining cars and vans, Peugeot has sold over 200,000 units
this year so far.
- The 206 retains its position as the number three best-seller
overall in the UK with over 97,000 cars sold in 2002. In
addition, it is still the number one car for private (non-fleet)
- Sales of diesels are on the rise in 2002, and Peugeot
is still the number one in diesel sales, taking 13% of the
market. Three Peugeots are in the top ten for 2002 year-to-date:
307 (2nd), 206 (7th) and 406 (9th).
- Peugeot’s fleet sales continue to increase, accounting
for 44% of the manufacturer’s sales, and both the
206 (9th) and the 307 (10th) are in the Fleet top ten.
In the UK, for LCVs:
- In November, sales of the Peugeot LCVs increased by 3.7%
on the same month in 2001, ahead of industry growth.
- For the year-to-date, Peugeot has a market share of 6.1%,
and sales are up by over 10% compared to 2001, ahead of
the market’s growth this year of 4.4%. In fact, Peugeot
sales in the first 11 months of 2002 are already ahead of
the total achieved in twelve months in 2001.
- In 2002, sales of the Peugeot Expert (up 30%) and Partner
(up 11%) lead the Peugeot van range.
- Peugeot is still responsible for over 30% of all registrations
of Motor Homes, making it the leading manufacturer in this
Published : 12/12/02 Author : Melanie Carter
This is a 19-year+ news article, from our Peugeot archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Peugeot dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2002.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Peugeot Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.