Sales and Market
- First new European model launched since
2000, for a revitalised Mitsubishi Motors Europe
- Vanguard of an innovative line-up of new models over the next five
years that includes the new Colt family hatchback and Grandis people-carrier
- Distinctively styled five-door crossover vehicle that combines estate
versatility, rugged off-road styling, all-wheel-drive ability and
- Derived from the Japanese-only Airtrek model with complete interior
and exterior redesign to create a bespoke model for the European
- Uses modified platform and rally-bred permanent all-wheel-drivetrain
of acclaimed Evolution
- Spirited performance from new 158bhp 2378cc four cylinder engine:
0-62mph in 11.2sec, 119mph top speed
- Second generation four-speed automatic INVECS II transmission with
sports mode manual over ride
- Three models – Equippe, Sport and Sport SE
- Prices range from £16,999 for Equippe model, £17,999
for the Sport to £18,749 for the top of the range Sport SE
- Dual Fuel variants available priced at £17,999 for the Equippe
model, £18,999 for the Sport to £19,749 for the Sport
- Generous standard equipment for entry-level Equippe model including
driver and passenger front and side airbags, anti-lock brakes and
EBD, climate control, central locking, electric windows, four speaker
CD stereo system, split rear seat, 16inch alloy wheels and integrated
- Anticipated full year sales of 2,000 for 2004
Mitsubishi introduced three Outlander models into the UK in January 2004 – the Equippe Outlander priced at £16,999, the £17,999 Outlander Sport and the Outlander Sport SE priced at £18,749. Dual fuel variants are available on all variants priced at £1,000 over the standard petrol prices.
Published : 28/05/04 Author : Melanie Carter
Mitsubishi Outlander News
This is a 17-year+ news article, from our Mitsubishi archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Mitsubishi dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2004.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Mitsubishi Outlander Images
Mitsubishi Outlander Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.