DaimlerChrysler UK Retail Limited has acquired the existing Mercedes Benz passenger car outlet in Solihull, as part of the brands’ ongoing retail network changes. The retailer has changed hands in an important week for the luxury car manufacturer, as its innovative new CLK-Class Coupé goes on sale today (6 June).

This brings the number of recently-purchased sites within Birmingham to three – Mercedes Benz of Kings Norton and Mercedes Benz of Tamworth changed hands earlier this year.

The network changes are designed to give customers a consistently high level of service across the country. DaimlerChrysler began restructuring its Mercedes Benz dealer network in 2000, moving away from 159 similar outlets to a system of 35 larger territories.

These Market Areas will develop to include a number of different types of retailer including a large hub site, smaller service-only outlets and more regular showrooms. The total number of outlets across the country will increase, ensuring better network coverage for customers.

The country’s three largest metropolitan areas – Birmingham, London and Manchester, will be owned and operated by DaimlerChrysler’s Retail division, and comprise 30 per cent of the network. Franchise holders will independently own the remaining 70 per cent.

Geoff Brady, Managing Director DaimlerChrysler UK Retail Limited explained the changes: "Mercedes Benz has always been a popular brand within the UK’s biggest cities, and we thought these crucial areas would be ideal for us to run.

"Part of the initiatives we are implementing across the network include new, more efficient working practices, which are designed to improve our customers’ experience whenever they contact us. It seemed obvious that we should lead the rest of the network by example, and our Birmingham outlets will be among the first to incorporate these new ideas."

Geoff continued: "We’re delighted that the 40-strong workforce at our new Solihull retailer is staying with the company. The team has ensured that the transition from the site’s previous owner was seamless, and their enthusiasm and expertise will continue to best serve the interests of our customers."


Published : 05/06/02 Author : Melanie Carter

Mercedes Benz News

This is a 18-year+ news article, from our Mercedes Benz archive, which dates back to the year 2000.

If in doubt check with your local Mercedes Benz dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2002.

Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.

Mercedes Benz Images

Mercedes Benz Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.

Copyright

The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.