Maserati GranCabrio
Maserati GranCabrio

Maserati has announced that they will enter the Indian car market this year.

The luxury and sports car maker, in partnership with Indian luxury retailer, the Shreyans Group, will open the first Indian showroom in Mumbai this year, and plans to open a second dealership in New Delhi in early 2012 are well under way. There are also plans to cater to seven major Indian cities by 2015.

With the Indian economy recovering, the Indian car market posted 1.87 million sales in 2010 for an annual growth of 25 per cent. Yet even that growth rate pales in comparison to the premium car sector, which grew by 70 per cent last year.

Maserati is predicting that its saloon range will absorb 80 per cent of its buyers in India, with the remaining 20 per cent choosing the Maserati GranTurismo coupe and Maserati GranCabrio convertible.

Expectations are that customers in Mumbai and New Delhi will be India's most enthusiastic, with New Delhi predicted to take 40 per cent of Maserati's entire Indian distribution and Mumbai 35 per cent.

India will be the 63rd market for Maserati in the world.


Published : 08/04/11 Author : Staff

Maserati News

This is a 9-year+ news article, from our Maserati archive, which dates back to the year 2000.

If in doubt check with your local Maserati dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2011.

Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.

Maserati Images

Maserati Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.

Copyright

The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.