UK Pricing And Grade Structure Announced
Ever since the original Lexus RX300 was launched, the competition
has been playing a game of catch-up. The RX300 was the original
luxury SUV, delivering levels of comfort and convenience other
manufacturers were soon eager to copy.
If they had their work cut out then, they now have an even
tougher job on their hands with the launch of a new, second
generation Lexus RX300 this spring.
- New Lexus RX300 on sale in the UK from 16 May
- RX300, SE and SE-L grades available
- Prices from £28,950, matching entry-level price
of previous model range
- Introduction of significant new safety, convenience and
comfort features, not available on any rival SUV
- First UK application of Adaptive Front-lighting System
(AFS) and adaptable four wheel air suspension
- Driver’s knee airbag standard on all versions
- Power operated tailgate and tonneau cover
Due to reach the UK’s roads on 16 May, the new car is more than just superbly specified, it offers features you simply won’t find on any comparable car, at any price.
The list of exclusive equipment includes:
- Active Front-lighting System (AFS), the UK’s first
fully adaptive headlight system which adjusts the angle of
illumination according to steering input and vehicle speed
- A power operated tailgate that opens and closes at the touch
of a button on the dashboard or key fob
- A driver’s knee airbag, part of comprehensive active
and passive safety package that’s standard on all versions
- Colour rear-view camera integrated into the Lexus Navigator
satellite guidance system
- LED (light emitting diode) rear lamps that provide more rapid
illumination under braking
Published : 31/03/03 Author : Melanie Carter
This is a 18-year+ news article, from our Lexus archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Lexus dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2003.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Lexus Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.