- World's most successful luxury SUV - more than half a million sold
since sales began
- Bigger, bolder, more dynamic design
- Three model derivatives - RX300, RX300 SE and RX300 SE-L
- Now on sale in the UK with on-the-road prices from £28,955
- Nine airbags fitted as standard
- LED technology for fast-illuminating rear brake lights
- Exclusive Mark Levinson audio system provides superb sound reproduction
- Revised 3.0-litre V6 VVT-i petrol engine offers enhanced performance
- Engine already compliant with 2005 Euro IV emissions standards
- New five-speed electronically-controlled automatic gearbox - sequential
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRC), four-channel
ABS and Brake Assist (BA) standard on all models
- Four-wheel variable height air suspension system standard on RX300
- Rear seat split-folds 40:20:40 for versatile load/accommodation
- Manufactured in one of the world's highest quality production plants
- Best in class CO2 emissions levels, 288g/km
- Unique-in-class driver's knee airbag and large side airbags standard
on all models
- Unique-in-class rear parking camera monitor for greater convenience
- Unique-in-class power operated tailgate and retracting tonneau cover
- Adaptive Front-light System (AFS) improves vision through corners
Five years after the original Lexus RX300 created the luxury sport utility segment and became a best seller with more than 500,000 units sold worldwide, the new generation Lexus RX300 further raises the segment benchmarks.
The new RX300 improves on every aspect of the outgoing model, making a quantum leap in safety, driving dynamics and refinement to move it even further ahead of other vehicles in the luxury SUV segment.
Published : 25/05/03 Author : Melanie Carter
This is a 21-year+ news article, from our Lexus archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Lexus dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2003.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Lexus Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.