Contemporary Jaguar Luxury And Refinement
The revised 3.0 litre V6 and the new, larger capacity, naturally aspirated 4.2 litre V8 are equipped for those who demand the ultimate in Jaguar refined power.
The established 3.0 litre AJ-V6 engine delivers a class leading 240 bhp and in features improved three-stage variable geometry induction and continuously Variable Cam Phasing systems for faster engine response and enhanced refinement.
The new 300 bhp 4.2 litre AJ-V8 engine develops seven per cent more power and eight per cent more torque than the previous 4.0 litre power unit. This benefits driveability, refinement and performance throughout the rev range. At the same time fuel economy and emissions are also improved.
The emphasis on the 3.0 litre and 4.2 litre models is on contemporary luxury in true Jaguar style. Standard features include:
3.0 Litre Model
- Getrag five-speed manual transmission / ZF six-speed automatic
- New Electronic Parking Brake
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Traction control
- New Adaptive Restraint Technology System (A.R.T.S.) with
ultrasonic occupant sensing
- Dual-stage front driver and passenger airbags
- Side impact airbags in front seats
- Side curtain airbags for front and rear outboard occupants
- New front energy absorbent seating system
- Variable ratio, ZF speed sensitive power steering
- Electrically adjustable steering column
- Remote control locking/alarm system with engine immobilizer
- Automatic headlamp activation
- utomatic dual-zone climate control
- Heated door mirrors
- Wood and leather steering wheel with integral cruise control
- Leather seats with eight-way adjustment for driver and
six-way adjustment for passenger
- 140-Watt Jaguar sound system with AM/FM radio and single
- Power windows with one-touch up/down operation and anti-trap
- Fold down rear seat (60/40 split)
- Twin trip computer
- Dual front and rear cup holders
- Bronze-stained bird's-eye maple veneers
- Chrome exterior trim
- 16 x 7.5 inch 'Artemis' alloy wheels
In addition to the equipment provided on the 3.0 litre model,
the 4.2 litre model has the following features as standard:
- New ZF six-speed automatic transmission
- Leather seats with ten-way power adjustment for driver
and eight-way power adjustment for passenger
- Programmable garage door opener
- Electrochromic rear view and exterior door mirrors
- Memory system including memory for driver's seat, exterior
door mirrors, steering column and pedals
- Power moonroof
- 17 x 7.5 inch 'Kronos' alloy wheels
Published : 24/11/02 Author : Melanie Carter
This is a 19-year+ news article, from our Jaguar archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Jaguar dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2002.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Jaguar Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.