The Jaguar XKR-S: a lightweight sports coupe that takes the Jaguar sports car experience to a new level. As the fastest production XK to date, it delivers a combination of high speed performance, dynamic excellence and crafted luxury that is unique to Jaguar.
- The new XKR-S coupe is the fastest production XK to date, providing the Jaguar enthusiast with an even more driver-focused high speed performance experience
- Limited to 200 cars – available only in Europe, in both right-hand and left-hand drive
- The XKR-S is capable of 0-60mph (0-100kph) in 4.9 (5.2) seconds and has a maximum speed, electronically limited, of 174mph (280kph) – making it the fastest Jaguar since the XJ220 supercar
- Revised suspension with bespoke springs, dampers, anti-roll bar and recalibrated Computer Active Technology Suspension (CATS) further improve the XKR's outstanding ride and handling balance
- Exterior styling features revised front air-splitter and side sill-extensions, revised rear spoiler and rear bumper with unique diffuser panel and unique 20" lightweight Vortex alloy wheels
- Ultimate Black metallic paint colour with contrasting finish to the grille, sills, side power vents and rear diffuser
- Alcon R Performance braking system with red monobloc six-piston callipers and 400mm brake discs at the front, 350mm at the rear
- Six-speed automatic transmission with Jaguar Sequential ShiftTM for ultra-quick manual gear shifts in milliseconds, using steering-wheel-mounted paddles
- Active Exhaust System ensures refinement at cruising speed but purposeful V8 roar under hard acceleration
- Strong, lightweight and exceptionally rigid all-aluminium body construction delivers excellent dynamic agility
- The luxury sports interior features full soft-grain leather with twin-needle contrast stitching, adjustable seat bolsters, Piano Black veneer, Charcoal Alston luxury headliner plus the XKR's comprehensive standard specification
- Bowers & Wilkins surround sound system, with 525W Premium audio, featuring low distortion Kevlar mid-range speakers and aluminium dome speakers, designed and tuned specifically for XK
- In summary, the ultimate Jaguar XK and a perfect illustration of Jaguar’s philosophy of building beautiful, fast cars.
The XKR-S coupe is the fastest production XK to date. Powered by Jaguar's acclaimed 4.2litre V8 supercharged engine, it has been developed for the true Jaguar enthusiast. It is faster and more agile than the XKR, taking the Jaguar sports car experience to a new level, whilst retaining the refined, dynamic excellence and crafted luxury that is unique to Jaguar.
Sharing the XKR’s highly advanced lightweight aluminium body architecture, the high performance of the XKR-S is made totally accessible by the enormous reserves of the 4.2-litre all aluminium four-cam supercharged V8’s 420bhp (SAE) and 560Nm of torque.
With recalibrated engine management, the XKR-S reaches an electronically limited top speed of 174mph (280kph) – 19mph (30kph) faster than the XKR. This additional performance is made accessible by improved aerodynamics (reduced drag and lift) and unique suspension set-up.
Published : 04/03/08 Author : Melanie Carter
Jaguar XKR News
This is a 13-year+ news article, from our Jaguar archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Jaguar dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2008.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Jaguar XKR Images
Jaguar XKR Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.