Honda And Autogreen Combine For Environmental Solution

Honda (UK) has reached an agreement with Autogreen to provide End of Life Vehicle (ELV) processing and dismantling services for Honda vehicles.

The agreement ensures Honda (UK) meets its responsibilities under the European End of Life Vehicle Directive. It also means Honda last owners will be able to dispose of vehicles at the end of their useful life for no charge.

Autogreen’s nationwide network of treatment sites makes sure Honda meets ELV coverage requirements, and means all Honda last owners will have a treatment site near their home.

End of Life vehicles returned to the Autogreen network will be de-polluted in line with DEFRA and DTI Guidelines. Parts and other components will then be removed for recycling and reuse. Honda and Autogreen will work together to recycle, reuse and recover 85 per cent of vehicle weight, leaving only 15 per cent to go to landfill.

John Kingston, Environment Manager, Honda (UK) says: "This agreement will ensure all Honda last owners are provided with a high quality service and is a clear demonstration of Honda’s environmental credentials and commitment."

As part of an integrated approach, Autogreen will also be offering this service to Honda’s production plant at Swindon to ensure the maximum reduction in waste that is being sent to landfill.


Published : 17/12/05 Author : Melanie Carter

Honda News

This is a 16-year+ news article, from our Honda archive, which dates back to the year 2000.

If in doubt check with your local Honda dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2005.

Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.

Honda Images

Honda Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.

Copyright

The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.