Ford Becomes Overall Sales Leader in September 2011

Ford Focus
Ford Focus

For September 2011, Ford was the UK market leader with sales seeing a significant boost with the registration plate change.

Figures released by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) indicate that whilst UK car sales were down 0.8% in September 2011 compared to September 2010, Ford's total vehicle market share for September was 14.4%, selling 54,133 units. Year to date, Ford's total vehicle market share is 15.2%, a 0.1% up compared to the same period in 2010.

In September 2011, Ford car sales reached 43,350, a decrease from September 2010's 46,389. The launch of the new Ford Focus saw a significant sales increase in September, up from 10,100 in 2010 to 14,754 this year. Ford C-Max sales increase from 1,190 to 2,755, and Ford galaxy sales increased from 897 to 1070. The Ford Fiesta and the Ford Focus were the UK's number 1 and 2 top sellers for September and year to date.

Year to date total car sales for Ford totalled 214,628, with a market share of 13.8%. Ford's share in retail car sales is 12.4%, up from 2010's 11.8%.

Mark Ovenden, Ford of Britain managing director, said: "In an intensely competitive market we are delighted with the overall balance of demand for our best ever vehicle range. The Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus and Ford Transit stand out as vehicles of huge appeal to UK customers. Customers are recognising the outstanding value provided by these vehicles, and the entire Ford range, which is strengthening the market presence of the blue oval brand and helping to maintain our UK market leadership."


Published : 06/10/11 Author : Staff

Ford News

This is a 10-year+ news article, from our Ford archive, which dates back to the year 2000.

If in doubt check with your local Ford dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2011.

Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.

Ford Images

Ford Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.

Copyright

The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.