V6 petrol, EU4 TDI and W12 engines, multitronic CVT transmissionand front-wheel-drive for UK A8 range
- New A8 models featuring 3.0-litre six-cylinder petrol, 6.0-litre
12-cylinder petrol and 3.0-litre six-cylinder TDI engines all available
for UK ordering
- Common rail 3.0-litre TDI creates the first ever EU4-compliant
- 3.0-litre petrol model is the world’s first luxury saloon
to feature Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), maximising
performance and fuel economy
- Potent 6.0-litre model features striking and exclusive single frame
grille design and unique engine with ‘W’ cylinder formation
- 3.0-litre petrol: 220PS @ 6,300rpm, 300Nm @ 3,200rpm, 0-62mph in
7.9 secs, max speed 150mph, combined mpg 29.1
- 3.0-litre TDI: 233PS @ 4,000rpm, 450Nm from 1,400 to 3,250rpm
- 0-62mph in 7.8 secs, max speed 150mph, combined mpg 32.8
- 6.0-litre petrol: 450PS @ 6,200rpm, 580Nm @ 4,000rpm, 0-62mph in
5.2 secs, max speed 155mph (governed), combined mpg 19.0
Three important new petrol and TDI models set to advance the art of the luxury car have just completed the Audi A8 range in the UK. The new A8 3.0, priced from £46,175 OTR, is notable as the first ever luxury saloon to reap the benefits of step-less continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT), bringing major gains in performance, fuel economy and emissions.
Published : 22/04/04 Author : Melanie Carter
Audi A8 News
This is a 16-year+ news article, from our Audi archive, which dates back to the year 2000.
If in doubt check with your local Audi dealer as car prices and technical data will have changed since 2004.
Although our car news is published in good faith, we cannot guarantee it to be error free or complete or up-to-date.
Audi A8 Images
Audi A8 Images may not be UK specification cars. Colours and exterior and/or interior elements may differ from actual models.
The car news and images remain the copyright of the rights holder and may not be used without their consent.