Volvo has launched another stylish and desirable all-new model – the V50 Sportswagon.
As its name suggests, the all-new V50 joins Volvo's 'V'-Range – 'V' representing Versatility – and offers the quality of a premium brand with sporty 'driveability' and the flexibility of extra load space to meet the needs of active leisure pursuits or young families.
Better still, being a Volvo, the V50 not only offers the reassurance of an abundance of safety features, but slick Scandinavian design, such as the ultra-modern, thin centre stack, and a higher standard specification and performance at a lower list price than other rivals in the growing, premium, compact sportswagon sector, such as the Audi A4 Avant and BMW 3-series Touring.
Highlights of the All-New Volvo V50:
- Premium compact Sportswagon
- Fun to drive: longer wheelbase, stiffer body and wider track than the V40 it replaces
- Modern Scandinavian interior design with unique, ultra-thin centre control panel
- Engines: Petrol - 1.8 (125bhp) four cylinder - 2.4i (170bhp) and T5 (220bhp) five cylinder
- Diesel - 2.0D (136bhp) four cylinder
- Haldex All Wheel Drive available with T5 27mm taller, 54mm wider and 2mm shorter than its predecessor, the V40
- Class leading safety and environmental care
- Arriving in UK showrooms in March/April 2004
- On the road prices expected to start at less than £17,500