To test drive and experience the exhilarating 300 bhp, sub-six seconds 0-60 performance and unique Four-C (Continuously Controlled Chassis Concept) technology of its new S60 R and V70 R high performance models first hand, Volvo has arranged special public driving sessions at the Prodrive circuit in Warwickshire from 23 June to 2 July.
Professional racing drivers will be on hand to teach race and road driving skills, and show the cars’ extreme capabilities. They will also demonstrate how the Comfort, Sport and Advanced Sport chassis settings can be selected at the touch of a button using Volvo’s ‘Four-C’ advanced chassis technology that adjust dampers and shock absorbers 500 times a second.
Customers who have already ordered an S60 R or V70 R have been offered a priority booking opportunity. However, places are still available from £95 by going to a dedicated website for the event, www.r-concept.co.uk , which also has an R-concept game to experience the cars on-line.
Experience the 300 bhp, S60 R and V70 R at Prodrive track…2
Anyone who subsequently buys an S60 R or V70 R will have the cost of the day refunded.
S60 R and V70 R highlights:
- 2.5-litre high pressure turbo engine
- 300 bhp with 400 Nm of torque at 1950-5250 rpm
- 0-62 mph: S60 R 5.7 seconds; V70 R, 5.9 seconds
- ‘Four-C’ active chassis with Comfort, Sport and Advanced Sport settings
- 17in or 18in ‘Pegasus’ alloy wheels with R logo
- Reprofiled front bumper and nose section
- Unique ‘Atacama’ natural leather upholstery available
- Prices (on the road): S60 R £34,145; V70 R £37,660