- World debut at Frankfurt motor show in September.
- Convertible and coupé - with unique 3-piece retractable hard top.
- Similar size to predecessor, with space for four adults.
- Choice of five-cylinder petrol engines, including 220 bhp T5.
- Developed in conjunction with Pininfarina.
- Unique safety innovation: door-mounted, extra stiff, Inflatable Curtain.
- Available to order mid-September with first UK deliveries early 2006.
Come rain or shine, the all new Volvo C70 convertible, that also doubles as a coupé, is set to make its world debut at the Frankfurt motor show in September.
Thanks to a unique three-piece retractable hardtop, customers of the second-generation, all new Volvo C70 can enjoy life without compromise - whether the roof is up or down.
"We’ve succeeded in creating an attractive convertible which, at the touch of a button, converts into an equally elegant coupé, giving the customer two cars in one - with space for four adults," says Volvo Cars President and CEO, Hans-Olov Olsson.
The all new Volvo C70 is about the same size as its predecessor, and remains a full four-seater, with a sleek design whether the roof's up or down, and is immediately recognisable as a modern Volvo.
"Putting together harmonious lines both with and without a roof is no easy job," says Fedde Talsma, design manager for the all new Volvo C70. "We decided to start with the coupé design. When we were satisfied with the result, we made the necessary adjustments to create a convertible out of the coupé lines, which our experience tells us is the best way of going about it."