- By Lindsay Porter
- Published May 2004
- ISBN 1-903706-45-9
- £25.00 UK
How to convert a VW Transporter van or bus to a Camper
- Incredibly detailed, step-by-step instructions
- Over 790 colour illustrations
- How to choose the best van for your needs and prepare it
- How to plan the layout and choose fittings
- How to fit a high-top
- How to fit an elevating roof
- How to cut panels and fit side windows
- Building and installing interior furniture
- Planning and fitting gas, water and electric components - with safety notes
- Produced with conversion kit manufacturers and VW-approved converters, Leisuredrive.
Introduction & Acknowledgements. Safety first. Chapter 1 - Buying a van for conversion. Chapter 2 - Exterior structural work. Chapter 3 - Interior structural work. Chapter 4 - Gas, water and electricity. Chapter 5 - Interior trim and furniture. Chapter 6 - Extras and accessories. Chapter 7 - Specialists, tools and equipment. Index.
Lindsay Porter is a top-selling motoring author who has written literally dozens of manuals and restoration guides on classic and modern cars. More than any of his books to date, this manual has been a real labour of love. Lindsay and his wife Shan have been keen VW Camper owners since they converted their VW Vanagon/Caravelle Syncro to a Leisuredrive Camper and started to produce this manual. Lindsay hopes the reader of this manual gains as much pleasure from reading and using it as he did from working with the great people at Leisuredrive, writing the book and living with his VW Camper.
Softback. 270x207mm (10-5/8x8-1/8in). c.224 pages. Over 790 colour illustrations.
Veloce books are stocked by or can be ordered from bookshops by quoting the correct ISBN number. Books can also be ordered on our website - www.veloce.co.ukPublished 26 May 2004