- By Malcolm Bobbitt
- ISBN 1-904788-19-X
- Published February 2004 (UK)
- Price £16.99
New paperback edition
- The full story of coachbuilder Karmann Ghia’s long association with Volkswagen and the creation of the famous Coupé and Cabriolet models.
- Arguably, Karmann Ghia produced the most beautiful bodies ever to adorn VW chassis.
- Today, all Karmann Ghia-badged Volkswagens are recognised classics and are highly desirable collectibles throughout the world.
- Contains full details of all the Karman Ghia-badged Coupé and Cabriolet models Type 1 & Type 3 from 1955 to 1974.
- Includes much information on buying and living with a Karmann Ghia as well as detailed appendices covering production figures, original specifications, colours, chronology, specialists, suppliers and clubs.
- Essential reading for all owners and those thinking of buying a Karmann Ghia.
The Karmann Ghia Coupé and Cabriolet (convertible) are wonderfully stylish cars built on the ultra-dependable VW Beetle chassis and running gear. Built between 1955 and 1974, these cars have now become established classics around the world. This book is THE essential guide to the curvy and collectible Karmann Ghia Volkswagens.
Malcolm Bobbitt has nearly two dozen books to his credit and is a member of the Society of Automotive Historians, the Guild of Motoring Writers, and the Society of Authors. Malcolm’s interests include all aspects of transport, music, collecting motoring books, photography and walking, he lives on the northern edge of Britain’s Lake District.
Paperback. 250 tall x 207mm (9-7/8 tall x 8-1/8). 112 pages. Around 105 mainly colour illustrations