Published March 2003
ISBN 1-903706-14-9/UPC 36847-00214-5
Price £17.99 (UK)
- First book devoted to modifying VW Bus suspension, brakes and chassis for high performance, ideal for owners wanting to uprate handling.
- Suitable for practical enthusiasts and professional mechanics.
- All information based on the practical experience of specialist VW mechanics and tuning shops.
- Includes a guide to VW Bus chassis numbers, and gearbox references.
- Over 250 illustrations, mainly in colour.
- Covers all T1 & T2 buses, vans, campers & pick-ups 1950-79, and much applies to T3 models 1979-82.
At last! The complete practical guide to modifying VW Bus suspension, brakes and chassis for maximum performance. Contains essential information on using aftermarket parts and interchangeable parts from other production vehicles to achieve maximum performance. Includes many new photographs and archive pictures. Covers raising and lowering ride heights too.
James Hale has written technical and modification features for leading magazines including Volksworld, Total VW, VW Trends and Kit Car. His knowledge is based on practical, first-hand workshop experience. His daily driver is a 1966 Beetle. He is married and lives in Brighton, England.
Paperback. 250x 207mm (portrait). 128 pages. Around 250 illustrations, mainly in colour.Published 25 March 2003