The Volkswagen up will be available with two 1.0 litre three cylinder petrol engine options alongside a BlueMotion Technology model. The three door car will be available in three trim levels, Take up!, Move up! and High up!
The Volkswagen up is available to order now with the first models arriving in showrooms in spring 2012, with a priced from £7995 to £11180.
The Volkswagen up will be available with two 1.0 litre three cylinder petrol engine options alongside a BlueMotion Technology model. The three door car will be available in three trim levels, Take up!, Move up! and High up! as well as special editions up! black and up! white. A five door model is planned to be available during the second half of 2012.
The Volkswagen Take up! is price from £7995 for the 1.9 litre 60PS version, including body-coloured bumpers, daytime running lights, front and side head/thorax airbags, the new RCD 215 CD radio with aux-in, rear ISOFIX points, and 14-inch steel wheels.
The Move up!, at £8790 includes remote central locking, air conditioning, electric front windows, easy-entry seats, a height-adjustable driver's seat, variable-height load floor and 60:40 split/fold rear seats. Outside, the Volkswagen Move up! includes body-coloured door mirrors and handles.
For £360 extra, the Volkswagen Move up! BlueMotion Technology includes a Stop/Start system reducing fuel consumption by up to 6% to an expected 67.2mpg and CO2 emissions to 97g/km, battery regeneration and low rolling resistance tyres.
The Volkswagen High up! model is priced at £10,930 and benefits from heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake grip, electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors, the Maps & More personal infotainment device and a choice of dashboard colour. From the outside, the High up! features front fog lights and 15-inch alloy wheels.
The special edition Volkswagen up black and up! white, priced from £11,180 add to the High up! specification to include deep black pearl or pure white metallic paint, chrome door mirror caps and door side strips, 16-inch alloy wheels with body-coloured centre sections. For the interior, a body-coloured dash, special ‘stripes’ upholstery and carpet mats.
Volkswagen up Options
- Sensor pack (£350): parking sensors, cruise control, multifunction computer
- Driver's assistance pack (£400): City Emergency Braking, ESP, passenger airbag deactivation switch
- Comfort pack (£350): remote central locking, electric front windows, height adjustable driver’s seat
- Winter pack (£350): front fog lights, heated front seats, electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors
- Chrome pack (£250): chrome door mirror caps and side strips
- Sports pack (£450): 16-inch alloy wheels, sports suspension and tinted glass from the B-pillar backwards
- Sound pack (£100): four additional speakers (two front, two rear)
- Leather-look pack (£650): leather-look seats, leather-covered steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake, plus carpet mats
Finance, maintenance and insurance package details designed specifically for the Volkswagen up will be released nearer the UK launch.Published 7 October 2011