Volkswagen has announced details of its Service Promise; it's not a promotion, gimmick or short-term campaign, but a commitment of ten simple promises to offer Volkswagen customers the best service and value possible.
The promises cover all areas of vehicle ownership, and have been devised following research within the Retailer Network to determine what customers really expect and want. While some Retailers will already be providing some elements of the promise, this new initiative allows customers to see clearly what they can expect and demand from their local Retailer or Authorised Repairer (AR).The promises are:
- We'll match any like-for-like quote within five miles: The Retailer or AR will match any like-for-like written quote for service, maintenance and repair using Volkswagen Genuine Parts from any garage within a five mile radius.
- We'll fit bulbs and wiper blades free: The Retailer or AR will fit wiper blades and exterior bulbs (including sidelights, headlights, brakelights, foglights, reverse and indicator bulbs) bought from the Retailer or AR free of charge. A competitive quote will be offered for the replacement of interior, Xenon or LED lights.
- We offer free visual health checks: The Retailer or AR will give a free 34-point check of all the car's 'basics', with no obligation.
- We offer affordable monthly Service Plans: All Volkswagen models (subject to age) will be offered with a 'Retailer Service Plan', a monthly payment schedule to spread the cost of routine servicing.
- Free MOT tests with your Retailer Service Plan: All customers who take out a Retailer Service Plan will receive free MOT tests for the life of the plan.
- We offer 'real' value for money: All the right service, maintenance and repair jobs will be carried out according to Volkswagen's recommended times; a two-year parts and labour warranty is standard on all parts fitted after the manufacturer's warranty has expired (excludes wear and tear items).
- No one knows your Volkswagen better than we do: All cars will be worked on by experts who receive the latest Volkswagen training and have instant access to the most up-to-date Volkswagen tooling and technology.
- Free road test with a technician if required: In the event of a problem arising, customers will be offered a face-to-face road test to demonstrate their concerns to a qualified technician who can then assess the issue.
- A range of convenience services to suit your needs: Customers will be offered a courtesy car, a lift to work or home or a vehicle collection and delivery service as required and appropriate.
- Free car wash and vacuum: Every time a car is in a Retailer or AR for a job taking over an hour, it will receive a complimentary wash and vacuum. If the job takes less than an hour, the customer can still request a free wash and vacuum.
Commenting on the launch of the Volkswagen Service Promise, Head of Customer Services and Aftersales, Alison Jones said: "We're very excited about the Service Promise. It's a way of showing our customers that we really do care as well as ensuring that they receive a consistently positive experience every time they come to a Retailer."
She continued: "We recognise that for the majority of customers, it's not a lot of fun having their car serviced or repaired. But the Promise is all about making maintaining their Volkswagen more predictable, cost-effective and stress-free. The Volkswagen Brand stands for reliability and certainty and this is what we're trying to guarantee from a service point of view."Published 6 October 2009