- The Essential Buyer’s Guide
- By Richard Copping
- Published March 2005 UK
- ISBN 1-904788-72-6 • £9.99 UK
- Don’t buy a car without this book!
- Great advice from a marque specialist Is it the right car for you? - will it fit your garage, will you fit in the car?
- Walk away or stay? - a quick initial evaluation of a car
- Unique points scoring system to evaluate cars after detailed inspection
- How to check the car’s authenticity
- Which models are best
- The implications of restoration
- Running cost details
- Detailed specifications
A small investment in this book could save you a fortune ... Just like taking an expert with you when you view the car. With the aid of this book’s step-by-step expert guidance, you’ll discover all you need to know about the car you want to buy. Unique points system will help you to value the car in relation to condition. This is an important investment - don’t buy a car without this book’s help!
Richard Copping has owned Beetles of varying ages since 1977. For many years a regular on the Concours scene, both as an entrant and judge, most of his time is now spent writing about the cars he loves. A regular contributor to Britain’s oldest VW magazine, "VW Motoring", he has also written a comprehensive account of the Beetle’s history for Veloce, entitled "Volkswagen Beetle: The Car of the 20th Century."
Photographer Ken Cservenka bought his first Beetle in 1969 and has been involved with the car ever since. His technical knowledge and ability is widely recognized, while his pictures of Beetles and other VW models stand out from the crowd.
Paperback. 195mm tall x 139mm. 64 pages. 100 colour pictures.Published 3 April 2005