Other checks include performing any advised software updates and a top up of all vital fluids to a maximum of 500ml. Winter Safety Check customers will also receive an Autoglym Winter Care Pack.
Vauxhall MasterFit's Winter Safety Check allows Vauxhall owners to have an expertly-trained vauxhall MasterFit technicians to conduct a visual check of the car for any potential safety issues, check tyres are correctly inflated.
Other checks include performing any advised software updates and a top up of all vital fluids to a maximum of 500ml. Winter Safety Check customers will also receive an Autoglym Winter Care Pack which includes: 500ml de-icer, 500ml screenwash, an ice scraper and a Hi-Tech Interior Microfibre Cloth, worth £20.
"The Vauxhall MasterFit Winter Safety Check offers Vauxhall owners outstanding value and peace of mind that their vehicle is ready to face the winter months," said Belinda Craik, Vauxhall Service Channel manager.
Vauxhall also asked Peter Rodger, Chief Examiner and Head of Driving Standards at the Institute of Advanced Motorists, for some top tips for motorists on driving in winter. Peter has provided the following advice:
- Keep your windscreen clear and clean your windows inside the car as well
- Check your car’s electrical systems are all working properly on a regular basis
- Use the air-conditioning to keep the air dry and reduce any misting-up
- Ensure your tyres have adequate tread (1.6mm is the legal minimum)
- Keep tyre pressures at the levels in your car’s handbook
- Plan your journeys and take weather conditions into account
- Carry a suitable emergency kit in the car with you
- In severe conditions, think hard about the need to travel
- If you do have to drive on icy or snowy roads, drive very smoothly
- Slow down gently by easing off the throttle and try to avoid applying the brakes
Peter added a final reminder to motorists: "Remember, the speed that you can stop from in a bus length on a dry warm day can take the whole length of a football pitch on ice."Published 24 October 2011