Vauxhall Fashion Scout is entering its tenth season this February at London Fashion Week. The fashion industry is sitting up and taking notice as Vauxhall Motors continues to support and establish British fashion this year.
Vauxhall Fashion Scout prides itself on recognising and launching new British talent; each season a panel of industry experts carefully selects the best in upcoming design talent.
Right now, fashion's currently unknown next big names are putting the finishing touches to their collections and casting the coolest models in town as they prepare to showcase some of the most innovative fashion around. Each super hot new designer has the opportunity to have their own catwalk show, presentation or exhibition over the six days of the capital's famous fashion week.
Vauxhall Fashion Scout has launched the careers of some of the hottest British talent, including:
- William Tempest - Often worn by A-list celebrities such as Kate Moss and Victoria Beckham
- Phrophetik - The eco friendly label worn by Livia Firth at this year's Golden Globes
- BodyAmr - A firm favourite of Lily Allen and Florence Welch
This year the following British designers have been selected as the most promising new design talents for the "Ones to watch" show:
- Anja Mlakar - Anja graduated from Central Saint Martins in London in 2010. Her collection is described as having clean lines, muted colours, sensual silhouettes and her clothes are said to have an air of elegance
- Sara Bro-Jorgensen - Sara graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2010. Her collection draws inspiration from black and white photography and she uses many different fabrics from chunky knits to paper thin silk
- Kirsty Ward - Kirsty graduated from Central Saint Martins in 2008 and then went straight into designing for Alberta Ferretti in Italy. Her collection is fairly classic with heavy metallic jewellery which gives her clothes a different edge
- Tze Goh - Tze is another Central Saint Martins graduate. His collection is very different and uses malleable fabrics to create a 3D look
This season the highly coveted 'Merit' award for best new designer has been awarded to London born designer Georgia Hardinge. Georgia first exhibited in last season's 'Ones to Watch' show and has continued to collaborate with brands such as Victoria's Secret and Swarovski.
Wendy Towler from Vauxhall Motors, comments: "This is definitely a highlight of London's fashion calendar and we believe one of the most exciting events for the next generation of British fashion designers. Vauxhall is delighted to continue our long standing commitment to nurturing and establishing up and coming British design talent."Published 10 February 2011