Six years after the launch of the original Prius and with more than 130,000 examples sold worldwide, Toyota is unveiling an even more advanced version of the world’s most successful hybrid power car.
The second generation Prius is a blend of futuristic design and technology that delivers D-segment levels of space, comfort and performance with B-class economy to today’s motorists.
With its unique and advanced Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive, the latest Prius is the cleanest car currently available to the motoring public and successfully demonstrates that being ‘green’ does not equate to dull performance or compromised packaging.
- The world’s cleanest family car
- 65.7mpg combined fuel consumption with 0-62mph in 10.9 seconds
- Prius is the world’s first and most successful hybrid power vehicle, more than 130,000 sold worldwide since 1997
- New generation Prius launches ultra clean and efficient Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive
- New Prius is D segment car with fuel economy to rival B segment diesels
- Single body style – five-door, five-seat hatchback
- 104g/km CO2 emissions, band AA for Vehicle Excise Duty
- Available in the UK in three grades – T3, T4 and T Spirit
- All grades feature eight airbags, ABS, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Electronic Traction Control (E-TRC) and Vehicle Stability Control Plus (VSC+)
- T4 models feature nine-speaker JBL premium audio with six-disc CD autochanger, cruise control and fog lamps
- T Spirit models add Bluetooth telephone interface and DVD-based full-map satellite navigation, with voice recognition and touch screen controls
- Up to 16 functions, including audio, ventilation and communications controls, all positioned on the steering wheel for safer operation
- Advanced electric air conditioning system causes no loss in performance or fuel efficiency
- On sale in the UK 2 January
- On the road prices are £17,495 for T3, £18,295 for T4 and £19,995 for T Spirit grade (allexcluding £1,000 Powershift grant from Energy Savings Trust)
- Insurance groups 7E (T3 and T4) and 8E (T Spirit)