The Frankfurt Motor Show in September will witness the introduction of the restyled Avensis Verso, featuring a new front end and incorporating a newly shaped bonnet as well as a sharper grille, more pronounced headlamps and a new design bumper.
- Restyled Avensis Verso for 2004 with new front end, more pronounced headlamps and new bumper
- More emphasis on safety with front side airbags and front curtain shield airbags fitted as standard equipment
- 2.0-litre VVT-i petrol engine now meets Euro IV emissions regulations for 2005
- Optitron easy-to-read instrumentation now fitted as standard equipment
- Turn-by-Turn satellite navigation with ETA (Electronic Traffic Avoidance) and DVD full mapping touch screen navigation available
- On sale in the UK 2 January 2004
At the rear, a new clear lens rear light cluster is fitted, 15-inch wheels get smart new trims and there’s a striking new 16-inch alloy design shared with the Toyota Avensis. In addition, the radio antenna is now integrated into the rear glass and five new paint colours will be available.
More Refined and Better-Equipped Cabin
In addition to a new, darker interior cloth trim and titanium-coloured inserts, the new Avensis Verso features a range of driver comforts. For example, easy-to-read Optitron instrumentation is now fitted as standard, as are audio controls on the steering wheel.
Standard equipment will include electrically retractable rear-view mirrors and automatic air-conditioning and DVD touch screen full-map navigation system will be available as an option. The Toyota Turn-by Turn navigation system with ETA (Electronic Traffic Avoidance) will also be available.