Got There With getmethere.co.uk - Toyota Launches Free-To-All Route Planning ServicePublished 11 October 2002
- New internet based pre-trip planning tool showing all key travel features in one place
- Toyota first car manufacturer to offer this on-line service in the UK
- Totally free – no subscription or update charges
- Available to all – not just Toyota owners
- Up to the minute traffic information
- Full recommended route planning
- Three day weather forecasting
- Points of interest along the route or at destination
- Ability to plan anything from a short business trip to an extended holiday in one session –
- Available for journeys throughout Europe (traffic info UK only)
Toyota is already the industry leader with on-board satellite navigation and traffic avoidance systems. Now it is offering its route planning and traffic avoidance information to everyone – free!
www.getmethere.co.uk is an on-line service to all that will provide Europe-wide route planning with live traffic information available in the UK. It also has three-day weather forecasts for any area in Europe, with each day split into several time periods.
Users can check directions to a new client, or the best way to avoid the holiday jams when taking the kids to the beach. A ‘pop-up’ box feature allows updated messages to be shown on the PC screen so that a journey can be started fully informed of the changing traffic situation. This facility enables the user to work freely in other applications, as it will automatically advise of new traffic problems at the click of a button.
During route planning, points of interest can be added along the journey to include; resting places; fuel stops; a restaurant for lunch or perhaps a museum. Hotels can also be found in advance to save time and stress at journey’s end. These points of interest are divided into 12 categories to give the widest choice of things to do or see.