- Now It’s Twelve Consecutive Years Of Steady Progress
- Retail Sales Rise To More Than 36,000
- All Product Groups Increase Market Share
- Passenger Car Sales Exceed 20,000 For The First Time
- Sales Of 4x4 Vehicles Approach 13,000
- Commercial Vehicle Sales Advance 13% TO 3,156
Suzuki’s UK sales of cars, 4x4s and commercial vehicles reached a new all-time record of 36,033 in 2003, 5.5% ahead of the total figure for Suzuki sales in 2002, itself another all-time record breaking year.
By the year end the Company had exceeded all of its full year sales targets and - reflecting the widespread popularity of the new Ignis, continued growth in market demand for Wagon R+, and Liana and the sustained popularity of the Jimny and Grand Vitara ranges - increased its share of the new car market to 1.3%.
The achievements consolidate Suzuki’s impressive growth in 2002 [the previous best ever year when sales rose to 34,160]. They include:
- Total sales UP by 1,929 [5.5%] on the record set in 2002.
- Annual 4x4 sales reach an all-time record of 12,649 units.
- Total Suzuki share of the passenger car market [including ‘off road cars’ as defined by SMMT] now stands at 1.3%.
- Total passenger car sales [including 4x4s] UP by 1,689 units [5%].
- Total sales of the Carry van and pick-up UP by 13%.
"The growing demand for Suzuki’s cars, 4x4s and light commercial vehicles results from an innovative, reliable and economic model range that is acknowledged as being top value for money, wider consumer recognition of Suzuki’s strengths in compact vehicle design and manufacture and strong and efficient dealer representation.
"In 2004 key objectives will again be to further reinforce our dealers’ resources and expertise and improve our visibility in the market with major national marketing and advertising initiatives as well as the launch of a number of substantially enhanced models," David Seward says.Published 8 January 2004