Suzuki’s UK sales of cars, SUVs and commercial vehicles reached a new all-time record of 37,170 in 2004, 1,137 units [3.2%] ahead of the total figure for Suzuki sales in 2003, itself another all-time record breaking year.
The achievements consolidate Suzuki’s impressive growth in 2003 [the previous best ever year when sales rose to 36,033]. They include:
- Total sales UP by 1,137 [3.2%] on the record set in 2003.
- Passenger car sales exceed 20,500 for the first time.
- Annual SUV sales reach an all-time record of 13,110 units.
- Total Suzuki share of the passenger car market [including ‘off road cars’ as defined by SMMT] now stands at 1.3%.
- Total passenger car sales [including SUVs] UP by 779 units [2.4%].
- Sales of the Carry van and pick-up UP by 11.3%.
2004 was a buoyant but exceptionally tough year for the retail sector of the new car market. Against this background it is pleasing that, once again, Suzuki’s sales - which include no fleet business whatsoever - continued to grow despite weakening demand overall and that they have now grown at a steady pace - every year - for the past 13 years says Suzuki GB’s Sales and Marketing Director, David Seward.
"The continued demand for Suzuki’s cars and SUVs from retail buyers results from an innovative, reliable, economic and top value for money model range and a strong and efficient dealer network.
"2005 key objectives are to further reinforce our dealers’ resources and expertise, enhance further our reputation for providing high levels of customer care, and improve our visibility in the market through major national marketing and advertising initiatives and the launch of two all-new models, the first of which will be the already widely acclaimed new Swift due in the spring," David Seward says.Published 8 January 2005