Suzuki has announced results of the 2011 Apprentice of the Year competition held at Suzuki's National Training Centre in Nottingham. First and second year service Technician apprentices were assessed by their trainers on performance throughout the year, whilst third year Technicians and second year Aftersales apprentices competed in a one day event at the National Training centre, all of which results in five overall winners from 1st to 3rd year apprentice level ability.
Suzuki Apprentice of The Year Award Winners
- Suzuki 1st Year Service Tech Apprentice of the Year: Dane Johnson, Co-op Mansfield.
- Suzuki 1st Year Aftersales Apprentice of the Year: Michael Swan, TJ Vickers, Telford.
- Suzuki 2nd Year Service Tech Apprentice of the Year: Joe Simpson, W J King, Welling.
- Suzuki 2nd Year Aftersales Apprentice of the Year: Sam Fenton, Colin Appleyard Cars, Ashton.
- Suzuki 3rd Year Service Tech Apprentice of the Year: Craig Hesson, Autosales Bilston.
- The Tim Crewdson Award for the most improved Apprentice was awarded to Jake Pickles of Luscombe Motors Leeds.
Champion Motorcycle racer John Reynolds attended the awards evening and challenged apprentices on a Four Bike Manx TT Arcade simulator.
Commenting on the award, Denis Houston, Suzuki GB's Director of Aftersales, explains: "The Apprentice of the Year awards are a key tool in developing our dealerships and our staff. By using the assessments for the awards we are able to ensure our staff are trained to an extremely high standard and are able to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction."Published 17 May 2011