- By Brian Long
- Foreword by Toshihiro Arai (Subaru World Rally Team driver)
- Published: Available now!
- ISBN 1-903706-26-2
- £24.99 (UK)
The definitive history, including world rallying, of Subaru’s incredibly successful Impreza models from inception to the present day.
- Year-by-year coverage of all production models.
- Japanese, American, European & Australian markets covered in great detail.
- 192 artpaper pages and over 400 contemporary pictures, mostly in colour.
- The author lives in Japan and had full co-operation from Subaru.
- Introduction & Acknowledgements.
- Chapter 1 - The Subaru story (Brief history of the marque).
- Chapter 2 - Creating a new image (creating an upmarket image via the Impreza programme).
- Chapter 3 - First generation (Impreza story to 1996).
- Chapter 4 - A 'brand new' car (1996-2000).
- Chapter 5 - The New Age Impreza. (through 2002). Appendix - Production figures. Index.
Born in Coventry, the heart of Britain's motor industry, the author comes from a family with a proud heritage in engineering, in both automotive and aviation fields. He trained as a mechanical engineer, and worked at his father's garage before becoming heavily involved in the classic car scene at the age of 19.
Nowadays a full-time writer, who says he turned to writing by accident, Brian’s had more than 20 books published since the first in 1990.
A member of the RJC (Researchers' & Journalists' Conference of Japan), a committee member of the Japan Automotive Hall of Fame, a member of the Society of Automotive Historians and a member of the Guild of Motoring Writers, Brian lives in Japan with his wife Miho, son Louis and daughter Sophie-Mercedes.
Paperback. 250x207mm (9-7/8x8-1/8in) portrait. 192 artpaper pages. Over 400 colour illustrations.
Veloce books are stocked by or can be ordered from bookshops by quoting the correct ISBN number. Books can also be ordered on our website - www.veloce.co.ukPublished 2 November 2004