- Skoda second overall in J D Power Study
- Twelfth successive year in which Skoda has been placed in the Top Five
If there was any doubt left in anyone’s mind about the resurgence of the Skoda brand, the 2007 J D Power Study of Customer Satisfaction will dispel those doubts. The results tell the story: Skoda is so highly rated by its owners that the brand has been ranked joint second in this year’s study. Second only to premium make Lexus, Skoda moved up one place from the 2006 position.
For the third time this year, Skoda achieved top ratings from its owners:
- In February, Skoda was the first-ranked brand in the 2007 Top Gear magazine customer satisfaction survey.
- In March, the Skoda Octavia became the top-rated model in the 2007 Auto Express Driver Power survey, with the Skoda brand ranked second among manufacturers.
The 2007 J D Power Study marks the twelfth consecutive year that Skoda has been in the Top Five in the study, the only manufacturer to achieve such consistent, long-running great ratings by car owners.
Three of Skoda’s four models were included in the survey of respondents who have owned their cars for three years. The Fabia, Skoda’s award-winning small car, is second in the Supermini category. Skoda’s mid-size Octavia is first in the Family Car class, while the top-of-the-range Superb is rated fourth.
Skoda UK Director, Chris Craft, is delighted, but not surprised by this latest success. “Having toppled Lexus from the top spot in the Top Gear customer satisfaction survey in February, and with Octavia rated as the top car in the latest Auto Express Driver Power survey, we’re delighted with the J D Power results. We put our customers at the heart of everything we do, from the design and quality of the cars that ensures they are easy and rewarding to live with, through to our retailers who take pride in the service they provide throughout the ownership of the car. This string of fantastic ratings from our customers justifies our claim that Skoda is the Manufacturer of Happy Drivers.
Some additional facts about the new - but century-old - Skoda brand:
- In 2006, Skoda sold over 500,000 cars throughout the world.
- Skoda sold nearly 40,000 cars in the UK in 2006, a 1.7% market share and a new annual sales record.
- There are over 400,000 Skodas on the road in the UK.
- Four model lines make up the current Skoda range: the supermini Fabia, the Roomster compact MPV; the mid-size Octavia with its hatch, estate, sporty vRS and 4x4 Scout versions; and the top-of-the-range Superb.
- Skoda builds cars for sale in the UK and other European countries in its factories in the Czech Republic.
- Skoda also produces cars in emerging markets, for sale in those markets, including India, the Ukraine, Bosnia and Kazakhstan. Production will begin later this year in China, for the Chinese market, and in the future, in Russia, for the Russian market.
- Skoda designs and engineers its cars in its Technical Development Centre in Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic, where 1,400 people work to provide Skoda’s legendary “extra bit of car” for the brand’s customers.
- Skoda has manufactured cars for over 102 years, making it one of the oldest car brands in the world. Part of the Volkswagen Automotive Group since 1991, Skoda is rated among the top in the Group for vehicle quality.
- Over 130,000 Fabias have been sold in the UK since its launch in 2000, with 1.3 million sold worldwide. The 500,000th Octavia since its launch in 2004 was built in April 2007.
- Skoda’s all-new Fabia looks set to continue the brand’s popularity among UK buyers when it hits showrooms on 17 May and the new Octavia - launched in 2005 - has had a warm reception from the motoring press and some 18,000 British buyers. A stunning new Superb will be launched in 2008.