Saab is a brand on the move, displaying two concept cars at this year’s show as part of a commitment to expand its product portfolio by entering all major segments of the car market. Both concepts share distinctive Scandinavian styling themes and feature further developments in the rightsizing appeal of turbocharging with Saab BioPower.
World première: Saab 9-X BioHybrid
An expressive vision of what a future compact car from Saab could look like, the Saab 9-X BioHybrid majors on progressive design, efficient performance and ‘high-tech’ features that appeal to typically youthful buyers.
- Evolution of Aero X and 9X concepts with clean and uncluttered styling
- 1.4-litre, 200 hp BioPower engine partnered by hybrid power assistance
- Innovative interior cockpit focus
- Seamless connectivity for nomadic devices
- Explores potential for active aerodynamics
- Unique ‘friction’ load-carrying system
European première: Saab 9-4X BioPower
Signalling Saab’s intention to enter the global Crossover vehicle segment, the Saab 9-4X BioPower Concept is designed to appeal to customers with outdoor leisure interests who seek a sporty driving experience that is at one with nature.
- Aero X - inspired frontal and interior styling themes
- Clean looks and dynamic stance
- 2.0-litre, 300 hp BioPower engine gives rightsizing performance
- Cutting-edge Saab XWD delivers fun-to-drive, car-like agility
- Innovative ski stowage system developed with Saab/Salomon skiers
Flex-fuel Leader and Saab XWD Sales Start
Saab is increasing its leadership of Europe’s emerging flex-fuel car segment, posting a near 50% annual increase in BioPower sales last year. Saab now offers BioPower variants for all its core models sold in Europe.
First customer deliveries of Saab 9-3 Aero and Turbo X models with Saab’s segment leading all-wheel drive system, Saab XWD, begin from end of March.Published 4 March 2008