Saab is celebrating the first anniversary of its independence by launching an exclusive Independence Edition of its Saab 9-3 Convertible. Just 366 examples will be produced, one for each day during the first year and one extra for the start of a second year. Only 80 of these vehicles will be produced for the UK, ensuring its exclusivity.
Unveiled at Saab's assembly plant in Trollhattan as part of a day of celebration, the Independence Edition features a unique, Amber Orange metallic paint finish. It is based on top-of-the-line Aero specification and includes a limited edition serial number etched into the rear side windows.
The Saab 9-3 Independence Edition is further distinguished by:
- Five spoke, 18-inch alloy wheels with a satin chrome/black finish
- Parchment sport leather seats and glovebox with amber orange highlights
- Carbon-fibre look leather finish for the instrument panel, handbrake, gearshift moulding and door handles
- Driver 'welcome' message in instrument display, unique turbo boost gauge
- Orange stitched sport leather steering wheel and carpet mats with grey piping
The sole powertrain offered is a 180 hp, 1.9-litre twin turbo diesel with a six-speed automatic transmission.
The Saab 9-3 Independence Edition follows a successful tradition of special Saab Convertible models launched at springtime. This year also marks the 25th anniversary of the start of sales for the first Saab Convertible, a car which created a segment as a true four season, four seater convertible.Published 23 February 2011