100 Rolls Royce Models Celebrate The Centenary of The Spirit of Ecstasy
The celebrations were concluded when a calvalcade of the 100 cars toured the Goodwood Motor Circuit, led by a new Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe.Published 21 July 2011
The centenary of the Spirit of Ecstasy was celebrated with an historic event on 15th july 2011, when one hundred Rolls Royce models ranging from 1911 to present day were displayed in the Courtyard of Goodwood, West Sussex.
Members of the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts' Club presented the cars, who were joined by VIPs, media representatives and neighbours from the three local parishes for the celebrations. Seminars were attended by over 500 guests covering the production of the Spirit of Ecstasy and Bespoke Design, an exhibition by photographer Rankin inspired by the Spirit of Ecstasy, a tour of the manufacturing plant, Grand Picnic Lunch and English Afternoon Tea.
The celebrations were concluded when a cavalcade of the 100 cars toured the Goodwood Motor Circuit, led by a new Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe. The cars then continued on their journey for a weekend of Club celebrations in the New Forest and then concluded with a Concours d’Elegance at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu. Rolls Royce provided a the full Phantom and Ghost family for the display.
"The Spirit of Ecstasy is perhaps the most famous automotive icon, gracefully adorning the prow of Rolls Royce models past and present," said Torsten Muller-Otvos, Chief Executive of Rolls Royce Motor Cars. "We were delighted to welcome our guests, and particularly our friends from the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts' Club and their magnificent motor cars, to the Home of Rolls Royce for our historic celebratory day."