More equipment, new GT version and a new Euro IV diesel engine
The new Laguna has been designed to raise the family hatchback and estate sector stakes even more, particularly with the introduction of a new GT version to highlight the model’s sporty credentials.
The new GT model, which replaces the Dynamique Techno, is only available with the more powerful engines from the range starting with the 2.0 16V 135 hp engine through to the 2.0 turbo 165 hp and topping out with the 3.0 V6 24V 210 hp engine. The top two diesels versions are also available – the 1.9 dCi 120 and 2.2 dCi 150.
This new version which is based on the Dynamique, gains 17" Louxor alloy wheels, turn-by-turn satellite navigation system, part leather and part Alcantara upholstery, climate control and cruise control with speed limiter.
To make it easier for customers to choose other versions, depending on whether they want sports equipment like larger alloy wheels, sports seats and boot spoilers, and luxury equipment like a sunroof or multi-CD player, the trim levels are split into two distinct Collections – Sport and Elegance. The Sport Collection comprises: Extreme, Dynamique and GT, whilst Authentique, Expression, Privilege and Initiale complete the line-up in the Elegance group.
It’s what’s inside that counts
New Laguna has been extensively upgraded on the inside with a whole host of upholstery and equipment upgrades.
Improvements per model are:
- Authentique gains height adjustable passenger seat as standard.
- Expression gains New 'Ximeno' cloth upholstery, automatic headlights, heat reflecting windscreen, rain sensitive wipers and cruise control with speed limiter.
- Dynamique gains climate control and cruise control with speed limiter. The electric sunroof no longer comes as standard, but can be ordered as an option.
- Privilege gains automatic headlights, cruise control with speed limiter, 'Initiale' steering wheel, Nervastella 16" alloy wheels, part 'Grineo' velour/'Dune' leather carbon upholstery with carbon trim (alternative Alcantara and leather upholstery is also available as an option at £295) with 'Dune' leather door trim. (Full leather upholstery is no longer available as an option).
- The already exceptionally well equipped Initiale gains automatic headlights
All this is in addition to the huge list of standard equipment fitted to every Laguna which has helped make it a favourite for buyers who don't like to pay extra for luxury equipment. For example, its extensive list of standard features includes: keyless car with Renault card, air conditioning, electric front windows and electric heated door mirrors, remote central locking and Category 1 alarm with immobiliser, and trip computer.