Ready To ‘Shake It’ In The Hot Hatch Market
The eagerly awaited Renaultsport version of the 2003 Car of the Year, the Renault Mégane, has been unveiled at the 2003 Frankfurt Motor Show. Available in both three-door Sport Hatch and five-door Hatch configurations, the Mégane Renaultsport 225 will be powered by a new 2.0 Turbo engine developed by Renaultsport outputting 225bhp to the front wheels.Entering the highly competitive lower-medium hot hatch sector, the new Mégane Renaultsport 225 will challenge a wide range of rivals by offering the agility, speed and driving pleasure of a hot hatch combined with the comfort and refinement of a grand touring model.
- New Mégane Renaultsport 225 unveiled at the 2003 Frankfurt Motor Show
- High-performance version of 2003 car of the Year and Europe’s best-seller
- Powered by 225bhp 2.0 Turbo petrol engine
- Available as both three-door Sport Hatch and five-door Hatch versions
- Broadens Renaultsport range of cars to four including Clio Renaultsport 172, Clio Renaultsport 172 Cup and Clio Renaultsport V6 255
- On sale in the first half of 2004
The New Mégane Renaultsport 225’s 2.0 Turbo engine is a development of the 165bhp turbo engine available in other Renaults and offers high power over a wide speed range, while the car has a double-axis strut rear suspension, guaranteeing efficiency and precision of handling. The New Mégane Renaultsport 255 also taps into the know-how of Renaultsport in the area of sporting cars, benefiting from the success of such cars as the Clio Renaultsport 172, the benchmark for hot hatches, and the New Clio Renaultsport V6 255, a car dedicated to motoring passion and driving pleasure.
All the comfort and safety features of New Mégane are also carried over to this sporting version, while it benefits from all the experience acquired during the development of the New Mégane programme.
The New Mégane Renaultsport 225 will go on sale in the first half of 2004.