The Carminat TomTom Z.E LIVE receives information from the battery on the current state of charge, which is then used to provide the range of the vehicle.
Renault and TomTom have launched their first in-dash navigation system at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show. The system is specifically designed for electric vehicles and included as standard on the Renault Fluence Z.E.
The Carminat TomTom Z.E LIVE receives information from the battery on the current state of charge, which is then used to provide the range of the vehicle. This information is displayed to the driver on the navigation screen, providing routes to charge stations. This will enable effective route plan charging, and will prevent the issue of 'range anxiety' with the knowledge that the journey can be completed. The system also provides eco-routing to provide the driver the opportunity to select the most energy efficient route.
BY the end of 2011, there will more over 5000 charging stations available across Europe, and the TomTom Home application will provide users with the latest charging station list each time their SD card is connected to their computer. The Carminat TomTom Z.E. LIVE will provide users with real-time availability of charging stations en route.
"This is the first navigation system TomTom is launching in the area of electric vehicles and it represents a great milestone for us as a company in this exciting new market. The Carminat TomTom Z.E.LIVE for Fluence Z.E., is also the third major development in the already successful Carminat TomTom series and underlines our fruitful relationship with Renault," said Giles Shrimpton, Managing Director, TomTom Automotive.
"We are very happy with the strong partnership we have developed with TomTom over the years and that we are able to give birth today to the next evolution of our product – the new Carminat TomTom Z.E. LIVE. This solution is a key feature of our new Fluence Z.E. The electric vehicle programme is of great importance to us at Renault and the Carminat TomTom Z.E LIVE plays a significant role in its success", said Stephen Norman, Global Marketing & Communications Director, Renault.
The Carminat TomTom Z.E. LIVE also comes with LIVE Services which includes HD Traffic to provide drivers with dynamic routing, offering the fastest route to their destination based on the latest traffic information. Local searches are also possible, through the use of TOmTom Places and Google local search.
TomTom Z.E. LIVE Key Features
- Electric vehicle routing functionality, including routing to and via charge stations, and integration with battery management solution.
- Eco-routing function.
- Visualisation of available range on the map and navigation display
- Automatic updates of charge stations via TomTom Home with search functions for locating of nearest charge station, as well as those around destination or other location.
- HD Traffic – unique combination of real-time traffic, based on a network of 82 million probes in Europe and dynamic routing.
- Local Search with TomTom Places and Google.
- Safety camera alerts, to help the customer to drive more safely and responsibly.
- IQ Routes technology so the user always gets the best route to his destination. This technology calculates your routes based on the real average speeds measured on roads. Always providing you with the fastest route, and most accurate travel time, hour-by-hour, day-by-day, saving you time, money and fuel.
- Advanced Lane Guidance shows which lane to take at junctions so you don't miss your turn. On the most difficult highway intersections, realistic 3D representation of the junction keeps customers relaxed and safe.
- TomTom Map Share allows the user to make corrections to his/her own map and able to benefit from thousands of corrections made by TomTom users every day.