- Renault announce prices of its all-New Clio five door
- Available to order from Wednesday 16 November
- Prices start from £8,995 rising to £15,050
- Available in six engine choices, three petrol and three diesel
- Powerful 1.5 dCi 106 engine with six speed gearbox, a sector first
- Five trim levels available, Authentique, Expression, Dynamique and exclusively for the five door, the luxurious Privilege and Initiale
- Incorporates new innovative features to the B segment as see on Clio three door, such as tyre pressure monitor and hands free card
- In UK showrooms and deliveries from 27 January 2006
- Details on www.vavavoom.co.uk
Renault has already seen its three door all-new Clio on sale since last month, received to great acclaim by the Press and public alike, with its chic styling, high quality interior, performance and impressive cabin space.
From 16 November order books open for Renault’s New Clio five-door offering the same quality package as the three-door but with even more luxury and style. Whether it be the value for money Authentique entry-level version, the sporty and stylish Dynamqiue or the top of the range Initiale, New Clio five door has Twice the va va voom.
By offering more practicality to people who regularly carry rear seat passengers, New Clio five-door is expected to account for 25% of UK Clio sales, appealing to people who don't need quite the versatility and space offered by the Modus mini-MPV.
New Clio five-door accommodates all budgets with the entry-level Authentique version starting from £8,995 for the 1.2 16V 75 rising to £15,050 for the luxurious Initiale 1.5 dCi 106.
Better value for money
If Renault's rivals thought that this all new Clio was going to shoot up in price compared to its ultra competitive predecessor then they will have to think again. Prices are up on average by only £200 over the outgoing car even though the bigger, more refined New Clio gains standard features like lateral airbags (and curtain airbags on all except Authentique) and a CD player on all models. The mid range Dynamique 1.4 16V 98 rises only £200 to £10,850. The popular Expression 1.4 16V 98 rises only £55 to £10,550.
New Clio five-door will launch with a wide choice of engines. Three petrol engines, the 1.2 16V 75, the 1.4 16V 98 and the 1.6 VVT 111. In addition the ever popular and multi-award winning diesel 1.5 dCi engine which comes in three versions, 1.5 dCi 68, 1.5 dCi 86 and the 1.5 dCi 106 with six speed gearbox - a supermini first.Published 11 November 2005