- By Brian Long
- Published March 2004 (UK)
- ISBN 1-903706-36-1
- £29.99 UK
Volume three in a series that will become the definitive reference to the Porsche 911 – the world’s favourite Porsche
- Each volume is complete in itself
- Full year-by-year, model-by-model coverage, including all limited editions
- International markets covered in great detail
- Over 250 pictures, mostly in colour, including contemporary advertising and sales brochure material
- Leather-bound limited edition (50 copies) available at £250.00
This volume starts with the introduction of the SC series and the 3.3 litre Turbo, before going on to cover the 3.2 litre Carreras and the early 959. A process of continuous evolution has kept the 911 fresh for nearly 40 years, while impeccable build quality has ensured that most of even the very earliest cars have survived as desirable and usable classics. This is the third volume in a set of books which will chronicle in definitive depth the history of the evergreen 911, from the earliest design studies to the water-cooled cars of today.
Born in Coventry but now living in Japan, Brian comes from a family with a proud heritage in automotive and aviation fields. Brian turned to writing by accident but since 1990 when his first book was released, he's had more than 20 books published. Brian is a member of the RJC (Researchers’ & Journalists’ Conference of Japan), the Guild of Motoring Writers and a former Porsche owner. Brian has a wife, Miho, a son, Louis and a daughter, Sophie-Mercedes.
Cloth hardback. 250x207mm (9-7/8x8-1/8in). 192 pages. Over 250 illustrations, mainly colour.
Veloce books can also be ordered on our website - www.veloce.co.ukPublished 25 March 2004