- Available now!
- Published June 2004 (UK)
- ISBN 1-903706-39-4
- Volume four in a series that will become the definitive reference to the Porsche 911 - the world’s favourite Porsche
- Full year-by-year, model-by-model coverage, including all limited editions
- International markets covered in great detail
- Over 200 pictures, mostly in colour, including contemporary advertising and sales brochure material
- Each volume complete in itself - Leather-bound limited edition (50 numbered copies) available at £250.00
This volume continues the story of the 3.2 litre Carrera series, and goes on to cover the 959 production car and the last of the air-cooled 911s. A process of continuous evolution has kept the 911 fresh for nearly 40 years, while impeccable build quality has ensured that most of even the very earliest cars have survived as desirable and usable classics. This is the fourth volume in a set of books which will chronicle in definitive depth the history of the evergreen 911, from the earliest design studies to the water-cooled cars of today.
Brian Long now has more than 30 books to his credit. Coming from an engineering background, he has been an automotive enthusiast for as long as anyone can remember. His passion for sports cars and vintage machinery remains as strong as ever. Born in Coventry, England, he now lives in Chiba City, Japan, with his wife, Miho, and their two children, Louis and Sophie-Mercedes. He is a member of the RJC in Japan, the Guild of Motoring Writers, and the Society of Automotive Historians.
Cloth hardback. 250 tall x 207mm (9-7/8 x 8-1/8in). 208 pages. Over 250 illustrations, mainly colour.
Veloce books are stocked by or can be ordered from bookshops by quoting the correct ISBN number. Books can be ordered on our website - www.veloce.co.ukPublished 4 November 2004