- The Definitive History of the Road & Competition Cars
- By Brian Long
- Published April 2006 (UK)
- ISBN 1-84584-030-5 (paperback)
- ISBN 1-84584-014-3(Hardback + jacket collector's edition)
- £19.99 UK (Paperback)
- £29.99 UK (Hardback + jacket collector's edition)
Porsche 914: Cinderella or Superstar?
- Available as a paperback or hardback
- A brand new, much enlarged reworking of Brian Long’s highly regarded masterwork, now in colour throughout and completely updated
- THE definitive history of the ‘Cinderella’ Porsche
- The 914 and 914/6 have now become respected and established classics
- Includes expert advice on buying and restoring
- Includes 914 and 914/6 in international racing and rallying
- Produced with the full assistance of Porsche
- Respected automotive historian Brian Long has written nine major books on Porsche models
- Over 230 illustrations, mainly in colour
- Extensive appendices packed with useful data
Perceived as a reasonably priced entry-level model for Porsche, the 914’s early history was blighted by political problems with VW’s new management. However, by the end of production, almost 119,000 examples had been sold. This book records the full international story of the mid-engined 914, from concept through to the final production car, illustrated throughout with contemporary material. Today the 914 is an affordable and practical classic.
Brian Long now has almost 40 automotive books to his credit. Coming from an engineering background, he has been an enthusiast for as long as anyone can remember. Today his passion for sports cars and vintage machinery remains as strong as ever.Born in Coventry, England, Brian now lives in Chiba City, Japan, with his wife, Miho, and their two children, Louis and Sophie-Mercedes. He is a member of the RJC in Japan, the Guild of Motoring Writers, and the Society of Automotive Historians.
Cloth hardback with jacket. 250 tall x 207mm (9-7/8 tall x 8-1/8in). 208 pages. Over 235 colour illustrations.
Veloce books are stocked by or can be ordered from bookshops by quoting the correct ISBN number. Books can also be ordered on our website - www.veloce.co.ukPublished 18 April 2006